[opam-devel] OPAM on Windows (1.3 Roadmap)

Daniel Bünzli daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch
Wed Nov 5 19:19:39 GMT 2014

This is a little bit OT to the discussion but I recently have had a look at OCaml on windows both because of cmdliner and assemblage and I would just like to point out that the modern IE virtual machines (XP, Vista, 8, 9, and what not) [1] can be used with virtual box for testing and diagnosing things (e.g. assumptions about cmd.exe).

For example ocpwin installed there without a hitch. They are time limited but you can simply reset to an earlier snapshot (that's actually what *they* tell you) IANAL but having read the license terms this is all perfectly legal as the machines are provided for testing purposes only.

Best,

Daniel

[1] https://www.modern.ie/en-us/virtualization-tools