[opam-devel] dose/opam patches WAS [Re: ows reports]

Pietro Abate Pietro.Abate at pps.univ-paris-diderot.fr
Wed Oct 1 11:01:40 BST 2014

On 01/10/14 10:13, Roberto Di Cosmo wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 30, 2014 at 09:56:00PM +0100, Anil Madhavapeddy wrote:
> > David Sheets points me to the version of Dose packaged up in OPAM as the
> > right version to use here (it has various patches applied to it for
> > compatibility with opamLib, I believe).
> Thanks for reminding me of these patches: none is opam specific: two seem to fix
> real issues in dose, and one adds an extra function.

I've reviewed the three patches Roberto sent to me this morning.

- "Remove broken assert"
  I merged this one. Do you have a quick example ? I can imagine that
  this could happen, but I cannot think of anything concrete...

- "Removed hard failure cases, in favour of finer diagnostics"
  I've NOT merged this one. The globalid variable is used internally.
  It is a fake package identifier that is only used to encode global
  constraints on the universe. It is indeed a fatal error to use this
  globalid otherwise. I cannot see why it should be missing or you
  should have another package to conflict with this id. Maybe you can
  convince me with an example how this could happen ...

- "Add a check_request function allowing more control over the
  underlying process"
  I merged this one. What kind of finer control do you need on the
  solver sub-process ? Maybe we can also generalize the function
  CudfSolver.execsolver ?

These two patches are now merged in dose/master.

Thank you for these patches. Maybe next time, for a faster feedback,
you could post them directly on the dose development mailing list[1]. I
track opam-devel, but sometimes I miss one message or an other.

[1] dose-devel at lists.gforge.inria.fr