[opam-devel] Travis is broken

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Fri Oct 24 11:20:42 BST 2014

One reason I haven't spent too much time on buildbot and bors is that they
all need some level of customisation to the specific deployment.

The OCamlot work that David Sheets did last year is ripe for a refresh with
all the new infrastructure that's been built in the last year.  For example:

- opamLib is now much easier to use as a library than it was in opam 1.0
- the ocaml-git bindings work, so all the shelling out to the cmdline disappear
- David has almost finished GitHub webhooks integration to ease that callback process
- Irmin or Arakoon could be used as the k/v store for the logs now

Al in all, I'd be inclined to put time into putting together a self-hosted
one using this infrastructure.  The only real missing major piece is the web
UI.  I wonder if there is some js_of_ocaml-friendly UI layer that we could drop
in for log viewing purposes...

-anil