[opam-devel] fixing the 1.1 branch for ocsigen

Louis Gesbert louis.gesbert at ocamlpro.com
Fri Oct 24 13:39:03 BST 2014

Le vendredi 24 octobre 2014, 11:34:32 Anil Madhavapeddy a écrit :
> What's the procedure to commit to the 1.1 branch?  I think we need to manually fix these, or can we run the 1.1 rewriter on them?

1.2 packages must be _declared_ with `opam-version: "1.2"` in order for the rewriting to take place, so I think that's just the issue here.

Also, unfortunately, repo redirection is partly broken in 1.1: it doesn't work on init. There's an easy workaround though, `opam update` right and you're done. We could advise initing on the new repo directly to avoid a big bunch of frightening warnings... (opam init https://opam.ocaml.org/1.1)