[opam-devel] Travis is broken

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Thu Oct 30 12:25:50 GMT 2014

On 29 Oct 2014, at 22:00, Peter Zotov <whitequark at whitequark.org> wrote:
> Buildbot works.
>
> Overall, I think that the buildscript itself definitely should be rewritten
> in OCaml and handle all the OCaml-specific details. However, rewriting
> the web UI, buildmaster/buildslave communication and so on is a waste of
> time. There is no practical benefit gained from doing so, and the result
> will be certainly inferior even to Buildbot, which is not perfect, but
> has had much more time to get polished than any homegrown solution.

Agreed... certainly for the first cut.  As long as we can get the data
out in a way that's easy to manipulate then that's fine.  How about we
start to get familiar with buildbot by provisioning a Rackspace VM for it
and running it on a fork of opam-repository (so that all the commenting
noise doesn't drown out the main repo while we're experimenting).