[opam-devel] openbsd ocaml 4.02.3 + opam 1.2.2 upgrade

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Fri Aug 14 15:40:57 BST 2015

On 3 Aug 2015, at 18:58, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil at recoil.org> wrote:

> This rather large ports diff does an update of the OCaml ports to 4.02.3:
> http://www.recoil.org/~avsm/openbsd-patches/ocaml-4.02.3.patch.txt
>
> It bumps the REVISION of most of the untouched OCaml ports since binary compat is not preserved across OCaml revisions.
>
> Any tests on non-x86 would be appreciated, especially ARM with native code.

Here's a followup OCaml 4.02.3 patch that is now suitable for wider testing.
I've run it on amd64 and sparc64 and am doing a complete bulk rebuild that isn't
complete yet.

Full patch: http://www.recoil.org/~avsm/openbsd-patches/ocaml-4.02.3-2.patch.txt

Diffstat is fairly large as I took the opportunity to do version upgrade on
most of the small library ports.  The biggest upgrade is to OPAM 1.2.2, and
using the online solver by default rather than the now-broken internal solver.
Unfortunately, porting Aspcud requires Bison 2.25 or higher in our ports tree;
is anyone working on that for OpenBSD?

This mail should be CCed to all the MAINTAINER folk listed in the various
ports.  Testing on ARM would be appreciated in particular, and i386.

$ diffstat ocaml-4.02.3-2.patch.txt
 b/databases/ocaml-postgresql/Makefile                             |    4
 b/databases/ocaml-postgresql/distinfo                             |    4
 b/databases/ocaml-postgresql/pkg/PFRAG.native                     |    1
 b/databases/ocaml-postgresql/pkg/PLIST                            |    5
 b/databases/ocaml-sqlite3/Makefile                                |    5
 b/databases/ocaml-sqlite3/distinfo                                |    4
 b/databases/ocaml-sqlite3/pkg/PLIST                               |    4
 b/devel/coccinelle/Makefile                                       |    2
 b/devel/cudf/Makefile                                             |    1
 b/devel/frama-c/Makefile                                          |    5
 b/devel/frama-c/distinfo                                          |    4
 b/devel/frama-c/pkg/PFRAG.native                                  |   53
 b/devel/frama-c/pkg/PLIST                                         |  118 -
 b/devel/ocaml-batteries/Makefile                                  |    3
 b/devel/ocaml-batteries/distinfo                                  |    4
 b/devel/ocaml-batteries/pkg/PFRAG.native                          |    1
 b/devel/ocaml-batteries/pkg/PLIST                                 |   49
 b/devel/ocaml-bitstring/Makefile                                  |    2
 b/devel/ocaml-calendar/Makefile                                   |    2
 b/devel/ocaml-camomile/Makefile                                   |    1
 b/devel/ocaml-cmdliner/Makefile                                   |    2
 b/devel/ocaml-cmdliner/distinfo                                   |    4
 b/devel/ocaml-curses/Makefile                                     |    2
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/Makefile                                       |    4
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/distinfo                                       |    4
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-Makefile                         |   33
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-algo_defaultgraphs_ml            |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-algo_depsolver_int_ml            |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-algo_depsolver_ml                |   69
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-algo_diagnostic_ml               |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-algo_dominators_ml               |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-algo_flatten_ml                  |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-algo_statistics_ml               |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-algo_strongconflicts_int_ml      |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-algo_strongconflicts_ml          |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-algo_strongdeps_int_ml           |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-algo_strongdeps_ml               |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-applications_ceve_ml             |   72
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-applications_challenged_ml       |   48
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-applications_deb-buildcheck_ml   |   19
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-applications_deb-coinstall_ml    |   19
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-applications_distcheck_ml        |   80
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-applications_dominators-graph_ml |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-applications_outdated_ml         |   19
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-applications_smallworld_ml       |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-applications_strong-deps_ml      |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-common_cudfAdd_ml                |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-common_cudfSolver_ml             |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-common_edosSolver_ml             |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-common_input_ml                  |   53
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-common_input_mli                 |   25
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-common_url_ml                    |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-common_util_ml                   |   22
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-common_util_mli                  |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-cv_cvcudf_ml                     |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-deb_apt_ml                       |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-deb_architecture_ml              |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-deb_debcudf_ml                   |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-deb_debutil_ml                   |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-deb_edsp_ml                      |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-deb_format822_ml                 |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-deb_packages_ml                  |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-deb_sources_ml                   |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-doseparse_stdDebug_ml            |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-doseparse_stdLoaders_ml          |   85
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-doseparse_stdOptions_ml          |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-doseparse_stdUtils_ml            |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-eclipse_packages_ml              |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-eclipse_version_ml               |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-opencsw_packages_ml              |   21
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-opencsw_version_ml               |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-rpm_hdlists_ml                   |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-rpm_packages_ml                  |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-rpm_rpmcudf_ml                   |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/pkg/PFRAG.dynlink-native                       |    6
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/pkg/PFRAG.native                               |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-dose/pkg/PLIST                                      |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-extlib/Makefile                                     |    1
 b/devel/ocaml-graph/Makefile                                      |    2
 b/devel/ocaml-graph/pkg/PLIST                                     |    4
 b/devel/ocaml-jsonm/Makefile                                      |    3
 b/devel/ocaml-lambda-term/Makefile                                |    4
 b/devel/ocaml-lambda-term/distinfo                                |    4
 b/devel/ocaml-lambda-term/pkg/PFRAG.native                        |    6
 b/devel/ocaml-lambda-term/pkg/PLIST                               |   70
 b/devel/ocaml-lwt/Makefile                                        |    8
 b/devel/ocaml-lwt/distinfo                                        |    4
 b/devel/ocaml-lwt/pkg/PFRAG.dynlink-native                        |    2
 b/devel/ocaml-lwt/pkg/PFRAG.native                                |   12
 b/devel/ocaml-lwt/pkg/PLIST                                       |  112
 b/devel/ocaml-net/Makefile                                        |    3
 b/devel/ocaml-net/distinfo                                        |    4
 b/devel/ocaml-net/pkg/PFRAG.native                                |   69
 b/devel/ocaml-net/pkg/PLIST                                       | 1174 ++++++----
 b/devel/ocaml-pcre/Makefile                                       |    9
 b/devel/ocaml-pcre/distinfo                                       |    4
 b/devel/ocaml-pcre/pkg/PFRAG.native                               |    1
 b/devel/ocaml-pcre/pkg/PLIST                                      |    4
 b/devel/ocaml-ppx-tools/Makefile                                  |   30
 b/devel/ocaml-ppx-tools/distinfo                                  |    2
 b/devel/ocaml-ppx-tools/patches/patch-Makefile                    |   27
 b/devel/ocaml-ppx-tools/pkg/DESCR                                 |    9
 b/devel/ocaml-ppx-tools/pkg/PFRAG.dynlink-native                  |    2
 b/devel/ocaml-ppx-tools/pkg/PFRAG.native                          |    6
 b/devel/ocaml-ppx-tools/pkg/PLIST                                 |   11
 b/devel/ocaml-re/Makefile                                         |    3
 b/devel/ocaml-re/distinfo                                         |    4
 b/devel/ocaml-re/pkg/PFRAG.native                                 |    4
 b/devel/ocaml-re/pkg/PLIST                                        |   25
 b/devel/ocaml-react/Makefile                                      |    1
 b/devel/ocaml-uutf/Makefile                                       |    2
 b/devel/ocaml-uutf/distinfo                                       |    4
 b/devel/ocaml-zed/Makefile                                        |    2
 b/devel/ocaml-zed/distinfo                                        |    4
 b/devel/ocaml-zed/pkg/PLIST                                       |   25
 b/devel/omake/Makefile                                            |    2
 b/devel/ounit/Makefile                                            |    2
 b/devel/utop/Makefile                                             |    2
 b/graphics/ocaml-camlimages/Makefile                              |    7
 b/graphics/ocaml-camlimages/distinfo                              |    4
 b/graphics/ocaml-camlimages/pkg/PFRAG.native                      |   63
 b/graphics/ocaml-camlimages/pkg/PFRAG.shared                      |    3
 b/graphics/ocaml-camlimages/pkg/PLIST                             |  114
 b/lang/ocaml-camlp4/Makefile                                      |    8
 b/lang/ocaml-camlp4/distinfo                                      |    4
 b/lang/ocaml/Makefile                                             |    5
 b/lang/ocaml/distinfo                                             |    4
 b/lang/ocaml/pkg/PFRAG.native-main                                |  147 +
 b/lang/ocaml/pkg/PLIST-main                                       |  290 ++
 b/math/coq/Makefile                                               |    1
 b/security/ocaml-cryptokit/Makefile                               |    5
 b/security/ocaml-cryptokit/distinfo                               |    4
 b/security/ocaml-cryptokit/pkg/PLIST                              |    3
 b/security/ocaml-ssl/Makefile                                     |    2
 b/sysutils/findlib/Makefile                                       |    6
 b/sysutils/findlib/distinfo                                       |    4
 b/sysutils/findlib/pkg/PLIST                                      |    1
 b/sysutils/opam/Makefile                                          |   13
 b/sysutils/opam/distinfo                                          |    4
 b/sysutils/opam/files/aspcud                                      |    8
 b/sysutils/opam/pkg/DESCR-main                                    |    6
 b/sysutils/opam/pkg/PFRAG.native-lib                              |   42
 b/sysutils/opam/pkg/PLIST-lib                                     |   85
 b/sysutils/opam/pkg/PLIST-main                                    |   15
 b/textproc/ocaml-csv/Makefile                                     |    5
 b/textproc/ocaml-csv/distinfo                                     |    4
 b/textproc/ocaml-csv/pkg/PLIST                                    |    9
 b/textproc/ocaml-rss/Makefile                                     |    2
 b/textproc/ocaml-xml-light/Makefile                               |    2
 b/textproc/ocaml-xmlm/Makefile                                    |   46
 b/textproc/ocaml-xmlm/distinfo                                    |    4
 b/textproc/ocaml-xmlm/pkg/PFRAG.native                            |    1
 b/textproc/ocaml-xmlm/pkg/PLIST                                   |   54
 b/x11/lablgtk2/Makefile                                           |    1
 devel/frama-c/patches/patch-configure                             |  125 -
 devel/ocaml-batteries/patches/patch-Makefile                      |   16
 devel/ocaml-batteries/patches/patch-build_prefilter_ml            |   39
 devel/ocaml-batteries/patches/patch-src_batPrintf_mliv            |  406 ---
 devel/ocaml-batteries/patches/patch-src_batPrintf_mlv             |  531 ----
 devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-algo_depsolver_mli                 |   19
 devel/ocaml-dose/patches/patch-myocamlbuild_ml                    |   20
 devel/ocaml-lwt/patches/patch-setup_ml                            |   33
 graphics/ocaml-camlimages/patches/patch-OMakefile                 |   46
 graphics/ocaml-camlimages/patches/patch-src_gifread_c             |   33
 graphics/ocaml-camlimages/patches/patch-src_gifwrite_c            |   42
 graphics/ocaml-camlimages/patches/patch-src_pngread_c             |   64
 graphics/ocaml-camlimages/patches/patch-src_pngwrite_c            |   24
 graphics/ocaml-camlimages/patches/patch-src_tiffread_c            |   17
 graphics/ocaml-camlimages/patches/patch-src_tiffwrite_c           |   21
 sysutils/findlib/patches/patch-src_findlib_Makefile               |   12
 textproc/ocaml-xmlm/pkg/PFRAG.no-native                           |    2