[opam-devel] OPAM 1.2.1 / 1.3.0 status update

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Sun Mar 15 19:38:34 GMT 2015

On 15 Mar 2015, at 11:17, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil at recoil.org> wrote:

>> On 14 Mar 2015, at 01:04, Louis Gesbert <louis.gesbert at ocamlpro.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> OPAM 1.2.1 has been in RC for a week, without any worrying issue reported so far (the only fix to date is on `switch reinstall`, which didn't lock the right switch. Not quite a blocker). We'll release early next week unless something shows up !
>>

> Green light from me!  To be clear, does the 1.2 branch now reflect the final RC version?  I can build 1.2.1 RPM/Debs from that.

There's just one thing that would be useful, but may not be practical.  I'd really like to run the Travis tests with OPAMSTRICT set so that warnings turn into hard failures.  However, we currently hit this:

[WARNING] Directory /Users/travis/.opam/system/lib/camlp4 is not empty, not
          removing

message all the time, and it's hard to fix I think.  Any thoughts on whether there's a workaround in opam-repository to make this message go away, or whether OPAM 1.2.1 should show it at all?