[opam-devel] Start of an opam multi-architecture proposal

Daniel Bünzli daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch
Tue Oct 13 20:26:09 BST 2015

Le mardi, 13 octobre 2015 à 13:26, Thomas Gazagnaire a écrit :
> I value simplicity as well so if it works well like that I'm fine (especially if opam give meaningful error messages when the invariants are broken). The `arch-specific` trick seems indeed just powerful enough to deal with partial installations.

Well in fact Peter Zotov convinced me that this is a little bit too simplistic and not very user friendly as it makes unit of build failure a little bit to large. So it may be better to support the idea that a switch maintains the invariant "all installed packages should have the same version for all the architectures".

Daniel