[opam-devel] Container based Travis CI service

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Thu Sep 3 18:34:17 BST 2015

Thanks for posting this to the list, Michael.  We definitely need to do
something about Travis, since the legacy infrastructure is failing regularly
with network timeouts.

If I understand it right, it won't be suitable for completely replacing
depexts, since they specify OS dependencies for binary packages.  However,
it can eliminate the need for the ["source" "linux"] depext which currently
downloads a shell script and runs it.  For instance, the MaxminDB bindings
just posted could use a way to install the C library, but there are no
Ubuntu packages available: https://github.com/ocaml/opam-repository/pull/4754

-anil