[opam-devel] [RFC] OPAM files as *the* OCaml package metadata format

Daniel Bünzli daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch
Wed Apr 13 18:03:05 BST 2016

Le mercredi, 13 avril 2016 à 17:09, Michael Grünewald a écrit :

> This is probably a rather minor problem, I guess. The presence of this support
> could be used to tie-break otherwise equally good solutions but is probably
> no show-stopper.

I'm fine with your proposal, but at the moment I'm constrained by what OPAM provides in its install files. So I think I'll move on with `lib` like META file do rather than `etc`. Now that I think of it `etc` should be rather kept for configuring the software itself.

If people stay with the defaults of topkg — and they should. This can be tweaked later in bulk if OPAM provides a better install destination alternative.

Best,

Daniel