[opam-devel] [RFC] OPAM files as *the* OCaml package metadata format

Bryce Glover randomdsdevel at gmail.com
Fri Apr 15 19:40:37 BST 2016

     I’m just a lurker here, but I just couldn’t help but bring this up:  shouldn’t we make OPAM installable system-wide per the original intent of issue #1950 <https://github.com/ocaml/opam/issues/1950> before we start making it so that other package managers can interact with the OPAM repository?  Also, how is that issue’s resolution progressing — i. e.:  will it be fixed by the next version of OPAM?

— Bryce Glover
  RandomDSdevel at gmail.com