[opam-devel] mailing liste for opam-repo maintainers

Fabrice Le Fessant fabrice.le_fessant at ocamlpro.com
Mon Feb 22 17:07:22 GMT 2016

On Mon, Feb 22, 2016 at 4:59 PM Anil Madhavapeddy <anil at recoil.org> wrote:

> I'm struggling a little to see what the specific problem that Fabrice is
> raising is, which appears to be the desire to "lock" a package against
> commits until he approves it.  This is a reasonable request and should be
> as simple as the current active repository maintainers not merging requests
> that touch OCamlPro packages until approved by Fabrice (and/or other
> OCamlPro staff?). If this results in a hanging PR (as has happened in the
> past with ocp-build errors due to a lack of resources upstream to maintain
> it), then we need to just take an executive decision and either commit it
> or close the PR.

It was not my point (the PR related to ocp-build yesterday just confirmed
the discussion we had started on Friday), but if it is the only result, I
would already be happy with it.

And ok, I will not use this list nor mail anymore as a synchronisation way
for opam-repo maintainers. Anyway, most of my PRs fixing checksums have
already been merged without waiting for package maintainers to confirm them.

--Fabrice