[opam-devel] Opam license bug

Daniel Bünzli daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch
Mon Jan 18 17:31:32 GMT 2016

Le lundi, 18 janvier 2016 à 18:01, Louis Gesbert a écrit :
> Granted, a CLA is not the only solution to the problem. But it is one.

So could you please explain us why you think it is a *good* one ?

The only benefits I see here are for OCamlPro's own IP rights.

I see however a lot of disadvantages for the whole OCaml community. For example a CLA for opam may reduce the chances that other companies allow their employees to work on opam.

As for myself I wouldn't sign such a CLA; not only for the unfair terms I mentioned in the thread you linked to but also since I do not understand the bounds of the terms, have no lawyer and do not want nor have the money to hire one.

Best,

Daniel