[opam-devel] Using binaries

Louis Gesbert louis.gesbert at ocamlpro.com
Fri Jan 22 12:37:12 GMT 2016

The package/compiler descriptions fetch an archive and run custom commands for
build and install, so although the standard repo only provides source
packages, you are free to build from source or just download and install a
precompiled binary: Opam itself is agnostic in that regard.

Hope this helps,
Louis Gesbert - OCamlPro