[opam-devel] deprecating opam 1.2.0

Louis Gesbert gesbert at antislash.info
Wed Jul 6 11:52:40 BST 2016

`opam-version:` describes the file format, and isn't supposed to change between patch versions;
if encoutering a file with a newer minor version, earlier opam will still try to read it, but will silent warnings about the format (and complain that opam itself should be updated).

`available: opam-version > "1.2.0"` would do what you say, though: disallow package installation on earlier opams.