[ocaml-opengl] [ANN] Tsdl 0.8.0

Daniel Bünzli daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch
Mon May 19 00:35:17 BST 2014

Hello,

I’d like to announce the first release of Tsdl:

  Tsdl is an OCaml library providing thin bindings to the cross-platform
  SDL C library.

  Tsdl depends on the SDL 2.0.1 C library (or later) and ocaml-ctypes. Tsdl
  is distributed under the BSD3 license.

Home page: http://erratique.ch/software/tsdl
API documentation: http://erratique.ch/software/tsdl/doc/Tsdl

It should be available in opam shortly.

Part of this work was made undercover while I was visiting OCaml Labs last
summer, many thanks to them for their support.

Best,

Daniel

P.S. On macosx we still have some kind of unresolved spinning bug [1] that seem to be due to an interaction
with libffi. It can be circumvented by using a compiler switch with this patch [2] (basically remove the
-no_compact_unwind option and add -w to silence the huge pile of warnings that ensue).

[1] http://lists.ocaml.org/pipermail/ctypes/2014-February/000066.html
[2] https://gist.github.com/dbuenzli/9050340