[ocaml-platform] on the need and design of OCaml namespaces

Leo White lpw25 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Feb 21 16:01:58 GMT 2013

On Feb 21 2013, Gabriel Scherer wrote:

>How would one specify which search path is associated to a given namespace
>path (eg. Core.Std)? Is it easy to integrate into ocamlfind?

.cmi files would be looked up exactly as they are now, using the search
path specified with -I options. The only difference is that when it finds a
"list.cmi" file it checks if that file is attached to "Core.Std". If the
file is attached to that namespace then it is used, otherwise the compiler
keeps looking in the search path for more "list.cmi" files.