[ocaml-platform] [Coq-Club] Coq opam package

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Tue Jun 18 14:00:46 BST 2013

Since OPAM is currently a conservative source-based package manager,
it's hard to escape recompiles of packages if something genuinely changes
upstream in the dependency chain.

The only solutions are to go OPAM more insight into the dependency graph
of package contents (which is ongoing, but will take some time), and
to break up packages into smaller chunks.

Therefore, I've updated your bug report with a request for François's
split package for Coq and Coq-IDE, which will remove the IDE dependency
entirely from the core Coq package.  OPAM's dependencies will ensure that
Coq-IDE stays precisely in sync with the version of Coq that's installed.

-anil