[ocaml-platform] Unique file names

Jeff Meister nanaki at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 05:32:59 GMT 2013

On the contrary, I'm very glad to hear your support for this feature as
well! My needs are not as complex as yours, but this is a major issue for
me.

If I may state the problem more strongly: plenty of programmers have
already created independent packages with a file named list.ml, or
something similarly conflict-prone, and I see no reason why they will (or
should) stop doing so in the future. If this namespace proposal is intended
to serve the greater OCaml community, then I consider the globally unique
filename requirement such a serious problem that any proposal which fails
to solve it does not provide namespaces in a sense I find meaningful.

No offense intended here, but I am highly disturbed that Alain sees
globally unique filenames as a potential solution, when to me it is a
fundamental part of the problem.