[ocaml-platform] Patching packages (was Re: [opam-devel] A small script for compiler hackers: create short-lived opam switches out of any git branch)

Daniel Bünzli daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch
Tue Mar 19 00:56:14 GMT 2013

Le lundi, 18 mars 2013 à 17:21, Thomas Gazagnaire a écrit :
> You can use
>
> patches: [ ... ]
>
> in your compiler files as well. See: https://github.com/OCamlPro/opam/blob/master/src/core/opamFile.ml#L1167
>
> The patch can be local or available via HTTP.
Is there a way to specify patches during install ? That is patching an existing package without redoing a package.

The use case is that I have this patch [1] on ocp-indent that seems unlikely to be integrated (cf. [2]). Now I would like to be able to benefit from ocp-indent's default package updates but just apply the patch before installing.

Is there a simple workflow to achieve that ?

Best,

Daniel

[1] https://github.com/dbuenzli/ocp-indent/commit/8e76b83b8ee8e3c084a39b3d02c9a2f331e91dd9
[2] https://github.com/OCamlPro/ocp-indent/issues/37