[ocaml-platform] Installing custom toplevel printers with findlib

Sylvain Le Gall sylvain+ocaml at le-gall.net
Sat Mar 23 15:16:34 GMT 2013

2013/3/23 Daniel Bünzli <daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch>:
> Le samedi, 23 mars 2013 à 14:30, Sylvain Le Gall a écrit :
>> Just wondering, what kind of docs would you expect for this ?
>
> XMETAExtraLines is not mentioned here [1]. In general in on this documentation page you actually wonder how these fields need to be used in practice, see remark 2) in this email [2].

The reference doc is always "oasis manual" (i.e. call your oasis exec
with argument manual).

I agree that the website is not up to date and that I should solve this.

FYI, XMETAExtraLines is in the "oasis manual" doc.

>> I am open to patch if you want to improve the doc or the error
>> reporting, I just have no idea how to do it better (and never seen a
>> stack trace before).
>

> In fact I now realize errors are reported but at the end of the stack trace and as such I didn't see them. In any case, these stack traces are completely useless to the user you should remove them, it's only noise. A tool should only return a stack trace if it has an internal error. Find an example at the end of this email.

I thought the trace was useful... Seems like you don't like it.

Do you have set OCAMLRUNPARAMS=b in your environment ? Turning it off
should probably turn of the stack trace as well.

Concerning the line number, this is clearly a bug and I was too lazy
to solve it. Feel free to fill a bug so that I won't forget about this
issue.