[ocaml-platform] Passing flags to the OCaml configure script?

Yong Lu lyongu at yahoo.com
Sun Mar 31 03:57:39 BST 2013

Hi,

I'm writing to ask if there is a way to tell OPAM to pass flags to the OCaml config script?

The reason I'm asking is because I was experimenting with dynamically linked share library (http://www.camlcity.org/knowledge/kb_002_shared_library.html), and the instructions require me to compile OCaml with the fPIC flag:

<quote>
How to enable PIC for libasmrun.a:
When building OCaml, you need to configure it so that PIC is enabled:

./configure -cc "gcc -fPIC" -aspp "gcc -c -fPIC"

</quote>

I searched the OPAM manual but could not find a solution.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

-Yong