[ocaml-platform] [Caml-devel] old OCaml wiki

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Sun Jun 8 12:49:48 BST 2014

On 7 Jun 2014, at 21:51, Ashish Agarwal <agarwal1975 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have ported the mediawiki dump to Markdown. It'll take some manual clean up, but before I do that, where do people want the content to go? The content regards camlp4 and ocamlbuild. Thus, I see the following options:
>
> A) Insert into the Tutorials on ocaml.org.
>
> B) Push the camlp4 docs to the camlp4 wiki on it's github repo. However, there is not (yet) a corresponding repo for ocamlbuild, so I don't know where the ocamlbuild pages would go.
>
> C) Push to the ocaml.org wiki on it's github repo. This is being used as a staging area for content that could potentially get published to ocaml.org, but isn't yet.

Thanks for doing this!  It would probably be easiest to temporarily put it all on the ocaml.org wiki so we can figure out how to split it out.

While ocamlbuild should go on the tutorials for now, it makes more sense for the camlp4 docs to be hosted alongside the camlp4 repo (and perhaps synched to the ocaml.org tutorials, but making it clear that it's an optional and separate component of the OCaml toolchain).

cheers,
Anil