[ocaml-platform] status of ocaml-doc

Leo White lpw25 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Jun 20 17:05:33 BST 2014

Hi Ashish,

I will be rewriting the opam-doc tool over the summer as part of work
towards the OCaml platform. Should hopefully have something usable by
September.

The `bin-doc` parts of the tool (which previously parsed documentation
comments and stored them in ".cmd" files) have already been rewritten as
a compiler patch to parse comments and store them in ".cmt" files as
special attributes (on github as pr #51). Unfortunately this patch did
not get into 4.02 as there were some concern over parts of it. I hope to
address these concerns over the summer as well.

Regards,

Leo