[ocaml-platform] [Caml-list] [ANN] Experiment: OCaml patch review on github.com/ocaml/ocaml

François Bobot francois.bobot at cea.fr
Wed Mar 26 09:00:21 GMT 2014

On 25/03/2014 22:34, Yotam Barnoy wrote:
> This is incredible! Now let's get them all compiling and running unit tests on Travis!
> On Tue, Mar 25, 2014 at 12:40 PM, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil at recoil.org <mailto:anil at recoil.org>> wrote:
>     Each switch corresponds to the current development trunk, with the
>     diff in the PR applied.  If the patch is sane, you can proceed to
>     install OPAM packages in the experimental tree as usual without
>     affecting your day-to-day compiler switch.
>
>     Hope this is useful!  More details at:
>     http://anil.recoil.org/2014/03/25/ocaml-github-and-opam.html

It is awfully useful. I was trying to setup an OPAM repository for simplifying the review of PR#22,
but you did it for me and all the others, thank you.

 I'm just wondering if it is wise to add all these switches to the default OPAM repository. For
casual ocaml user the useful switches are lost among all these PR.

  Perhaps the default possible switches can be reduced to the last releases (for people that work on
project that must support old version of ocaml) and to the beta and trunk for people that are
curious of the accepted new features.

  For ocaml compiler hackers a specific OPAM repository with all the svn branches and github PR can
be setup.

What do you think?

--
François