[ocaml-platform] Package compilation and debug mode

Daniel Bünzli daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch
Wed Mar 23 09:43:06 GMT 2016

Le samedi, 12 mars 2016 à 22:35, Daniel Bünzli a écrit :
> So I think OCaml's opam repository should have a policy here. The answer should also take system package managers into account since those pull directly from the tarballs (if this document [3] is still in use for debian it seems they do require compilation with debug mode).

Would it be possible to get an official answer from OCaml's OPAM repository managers ?

They are in charge of devising the switches which do allow global addition of compiler options. If global removal is not supported then I think packages should be distributed without -g and default switches should simply add this switch.

Daniel