[ocaml-platform] opam show problem

Immanuel Litzroth Immanuel.Litzroth at wdc.com
Mon Nov 21 10:10:38 GMT 2016

opam show documentation says:
"

   The information block consists of the name of the package, the
       installed version if this package is installed in the currently
       selected compiler,.."

I have a switch BUILDSYSTEM that does not contain lwt.
1) it's not under ~/.opam/BUILDSYSTEM/lib
2) linking with the package lwt in this switch does not work.
Still "opam show lwt" does give me a version as in it's output:

opam show lwt
             package: lwt
             version: 2.6.0

ocaml show where lwt does show this:

opam show --where lwt
/home/immanuel/.opam/repo/default/packages/lwt/lwt.2.6.0/opam

I do have it installed in other switches.

Are my expectations wrong, or is this a bug?
Thanks in advance,
Immanuel
Western Digital Corporation (and its subsidiaries) E-mail Confidentiality Notice & Disclaimer:

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may contain confidential or legally privileged information of WDC and/or its affiliates, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, distribution or any action taken or omitted to be taken in reliance on it, is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the e-mail in its entirety from your system.