[ocaml-platform] Maintainer notifications for opam-builder -- and other opam-builder enhancements

Daniel Bünzli daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch
Sat Oct 1 03:05:16 BST 2016

On Friday 30 September 2016 at 21:20, Fabrice Le Fessant wrote:
> > (which tend to be quite unfair toward contributors)...
>
> Most of the CLAs I have seen recently (probably copied from the same original one) are actually not so unfair, as they don't ask for the ownership of the code, but just a license to use and relicense the code.

While not granting the same rights to the contributor if you don't have a liberal (in the sense non GPL) license... What you say is a gross misrepresentation of the actual implications of the terms. Please stop thinking we are idiots. We already had this discussion when you tried to introduce a CLA on OPAM, so I won't discuss this further.

Daniel