[Teaching] Asking teachers: what support would you want to distribute OCaml to students ?

Yaron Minsky yminsky at janestreet.com
Wed Nov 26 18:15:32 GMT 2014

My sense from having talked to a bunch of people who are teaching
these classes in the US is that Windows is probably important longer
term, but short term there are other higher value things to improve
upon.  I think having good ways of doing graphical examples is surely
one, and I tend to think that Javascript is a far better target than
X11.

I'd also love to have good default editor setups that we could
deliver, perhaps through OPAM itself.  Having a nicely set up editor
configs with things like Merlin and ocp-indent working out of the box
would be great.