[Teaching] Asking teachers: what support would you want to distribute OCaml to students ?

Louis Gesbert louis.gesbert at ocamlpro.com
Thu Nov 27 09:23:40 GMT 2014

Thanks for the feedback!

> Things, I would love:
> - being able to give them a sort of meta-package requiring a set of libraries
It's possible to define one within a repository. Or, more directly, it should work to host an archive containing an `opam` file somewhere, and then have them run `opam pin URL`.
I'll check if that works and document it somewhere (OPAM FAQ?) if that turns out to be useful.

> - perhaps some support to get access to the sources (perhaps it exists but I haven’t seen it), sometimes I push them into looking at the code of the libraries and they need to get it (or browse github). Why not also the doc?
OPAM 1.2 added the `opam source <package>` command. Damn useful :)

Hope that helps!