[Teaching] Vagrant/OCaml distribution

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Fri Nov 28 10:27:45 GMT 2014

I thought it might be useful to split out the discussion on specific technologies.  Vagrant has come up several times, and it provides a useful mechanism to centralise not only the compiler distribution, but also editor tools and support infrastructure.

We'd like to provide a Vagrant distribution for our upcoming FP course in Cambridge next term [1].  We already have a Vagrant VM that combines OCaml with the MirageOS here:

   https://github.com/mirage/mirage-vagrant-vms

I'm planning to split it out to make an OCaml-only base image.  If anyone has similar Vagrant setups that incorporate editor support and so on, I'd appreciate a pointer.  We're going to license our scripts under the CC0 public domain to make them as easily cut-and-pastable as possible.

There's a 'Vagrant Cloud' in beta that can host pointers to such images, and we're happy to host binary blobs, under a central 'ocaml' organisation if that's available.

[1] https://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/teaching/1415/L28/

thanks
Anil