[wg-camlp4] Extension developers: we need you!

Alain Frisch alain.frisch at lexifi.com
Wed Apr 3 18:16:39 BST 2013

Now is a good time to start collecting more concrete feedback from
extension developers on the current proposal (ppx + extension_points).
Are there people on this list interested in porting their existing
extensions (or other tools which can benefit from attributes)?   This
will be greatly helpful if the current design can be validated by real
extension developers.  Porting real extensions will also help to isolate
a good set of "convenience" functions to build or deconstruct AST
fragments in a light way.

(Disclaimer: there will still be some more cleanups to the Parsetree
definition and helper modules (Ast_mapper, Ast_helper), so the code
written now will need to be adjusted for the final version, but I expect
those changes to be quite easy.)

-- Alain