[wg-camlp4] A new branch to experiment with extension points

Alain Frisch alain.frisch at lexifi.com
Mon Mar 4 14:07:38 GMT 2013

On 03/04/2013 02:44 PM, Leo White wrote:
>> I've committed a version where attributes are mostly parsed as in your
>> patch.
>>
>> [...]
>>
>> - Extension (: lid expr )
>>   in position of a:
>>
>>    a module expression
>>    an expression
>>    a type expression
>

> Is there any particular reason that these are not allowed as structure
> items?

I've removed the notion of extension as structure item at the same time
I removed the notion of attribute on structure item.  I believe
extensions as structure items will not be frequently useful, and they
required a specific syntax (or created opportunities of conflicts with
other categories).  It is always possible to write, for instance:

   include (:foo bar)

where (:foo bar) is as a (module expression) extension.

-- Alain