[wg-camlp4] getting bitstring to work with Core

Yaron Minsky yminsky at janestreet.com
Mon May 27 19:23:18 BST 2013

The basic issue is that Core is a new library, not an overlay on the
stdlib.  As such, it has its own interface conventions, and so we have
Char.to_int and Char.of_int rather than Char.code and Char.chr.

Hiding unsafe_set and unsafe_get is another issue, and I agree those
can just be shown.  And I don't even mind adding Char.code as a
temporary measure.  But in the end, there should be a way for syntax
extensions to refer to the standard library without confusion.
Namespaces I believe should help here.