[wg-windows] mingw, ocamlopt and "input line is too long"

Alain Frisch alain.frisch at lexifi.com
Thu Jul 7 12:41:30 BST 2016

On 07/07/2016 13:26, Andreas Hauptmann wrote:
> Thanks,
> it still needs to be fixed at least here:
> https://github.com/alainfrisch/flexdll/blob/2aa2c0e22aa37515617245065cdbfee7108fc172/reloc.ml#L164

Are you sure?  This goes through get_output, which already had the logic
to use bash for long command line.

> Yes, I know, it probably won't happen in practice, because everybody
> uses 'normal' filenames. But as soon as your string contains something,
> that is interpreted by bash.....

Ok.  Considering the effort David had to deploy to "get quoting right",
I'd prefer to focus on more immediate issues.  Ideally, all the process
invocation logic that David has been working on could be reused in
flexlink; one tricky point is that in order to simplify bootstrapping, I
avoided any non-stdlib dependency for flexlink (including Unix).

Alain