[ocaml-infra] Redesigning OCaml.org

Sebastien Mondet sebastien.mondet at gmail.com
Tue Aug 6 19:35:19 BST 2013

Two or three cents also... :)

- I like the colors and the modern overall look
- the alignments of the blocs look much better also
- but there are some things that I really prefer the current ocaml.org:
   - the smaller font and the more dense design with more info and less
clicks (and hence less long and painful HTTP requests)
   - the smaller top banner, with the dropdown menus (they work very nicely
on my mobile, I don't understand all the hate)
- the new logos "learn", "doc", etc look good but are really huge also,
they make the interface look a bit "Playskool"

I think http://git-scm.com is a bad example: who ever goes to that website?
(been using git for 5 or 6 years now, don't remember ever finding anything
there)

thanks & cheers!