[ocaml-infra] staging site for ocaml.org

Martin Keegan martin at no.ucant.org
Tue Jun 4 14:50:55 BST 2013

On Tue, 4 Jun 2013, Ashish Agarwal wrote:

> The trick is to make gh-pages an orphan branch:
> https://help.github.com/articles/creating-project-pages-manually
>
> You then push the compiled site to this branch. See the 'publish' target in
> the Makefile. You'll want to do almost the same thing, with a few changes:

Ok, but this entails having the Ocaml toolchain installed on your
internet-facing server. Mine (which runs Debian squeeze) didn't have this.
It took literally 25 minutes to get all the necessary stuff (a recent
Ocaml compiler, opam, oasis, etc) installed before I could run "make" in
the ocaml.org directory.

That's probably enough effort to deter at least some potential
contributors.

Mk

--
Martin Keegan, @mk270, +44 7779 296469, http://mk.ucant.org/