[ocaml-platform] Maintainer notifications for opam-builder -- and other opam-builder enhancements

Fabrice Le Fessant fabrice.le_fessant at ocamlpro.com
Wed Sep 28 21:12:08 BST 2016

 The AGPL license cannot harm OPAM, as, as an owner of opam-builder's code,
OCamlPro is allowed to redistribute opam-builder's code under whatever
licence, including inserting parts of it in OPAM under the current OPAM
license (LGPLv2+EXN). Note also that the patch on OPAM used by opam-builder
is not under AGPL, but already under OPAM's license.

Anyway, I think we should not diverge from the original topics, which is
how we could improve the current opam-builder hosted at OCamlPro to be more
useful for maintainers. I will rebuild an archive of result files
(including lint files this time), so that contributors can easily change
the display without actually running the whole system.

A related topics is the large number of opened issues being discussed on
opam-repository, maybe we could also use references to opam-builder (and
OWS) to close issues that are duplicates of problems already shown on these
websites ? (this together with FAQ items could make it easier to triage
issues as for git-on-windows)
--Fabrice