[ocaml-platform] Maintainer notifications for opam-builder -- and other opam-builder enhancements

Anil Madhavapeddy anil at recoil.org
Fri Sep 30 14:40:41 BST 2016

On 28 Sep 2016, at 21:12, Fabrice Le Fessant <fabrice.le_fessant at ocamlpro.com> wrote:

>  The AGPL license cannot harm OPAM, as, as an owner of opam-builder's code, OCamlPro is allowed to redistribute opam-builder's code under whatever licence, including inserting parts of it in OPAM under the current OPAM license (LGPLv2+EXN).

That is correct, but how does this fit in with the request for contributions that Gabriel issued?  External contributors presumably need to sign a CLA with OCamlPro to give them copyright retention over the source code so that you can dual license it.  Has Gabriel signed such a CLA for https://github.com/OCamlPro/opam-builder/pull/27, and are other contributors expected to do the same?

> Note also that the patch on OPAM used by opam-builder is not under AGPL, but already under OPAM's license.

I was referring to the copam library here: https://github.com/OCamlPro/opam-builder/tree/master/libs/copam
which appears to be a standalone library and not a patch under OPAM. I haven't looked closely or built the opam-builder sources myself due to the licensing concerns, however.

regards,
Anil