[ocamlweb-devel] multi-lingual support

Christophe TROESTLER Christophe.Troestler at umons.ac.be
Mon Jan 7 19:33:09 GMT 2013

On Sun, 6 Jan 2013 10:06:09 -0500, Ashish Agarwal wrote:

> On Sat, Jan 5, 2013 at 6:10 PM, Christophe TROESTLER <
> Christophe.Troestler at umons.ac.be> wrote:
>
>     I have added some code (untested) to include ranges of lines in
>     files.  I have not used it however as it looks rather brittle.
>
> That seems extremely brittle.

I have removed it.

>     Maybe we should use some kind of tags to delimit portions of a file we
>     want
>     to include?
>
> We could have something like "include foo.html:id" where id is an
> attribute on some tag within foo.html.

One may do that.  The more I think about it, the less I am convinced
that it is good to have the code in separate files.

> But more generally, I'd like to ask whether multi-lingual support is
> really feasible? We currently have virtually no pages even in
> French, some of the few we have are already out of sync with the
> English versions, and we lack the man power to build even the
> English site.

For the French version at least, I was planning to ask the Faculty of
Translation and Interpretation to do the job — each year, they are
looking for some real documents to be translated by their students.
This is likely to be for next year though.

Also, some tutorials were translated to other languages.  It is a
shame to loose these efforts IMHO.

For the short term, one could remove the links to other language
pages.  I think it is a bit premature to remove them from the
repository.

Best,
C.