[ocaml-infra] Fwd: [opam-repository] Add ocaml-markdown 0.1.1 (#863)

Sylvain Le Gall sylvain+ocaml at le-gall.net
Wed Jul 3 16:44:53 BST 2013

2013/7/3 Ashish Agarwal <agarwal1975 at gmail.com>:
>> anyone else's thoughts on how to organise the github.com/ocaml org
>
> I think the following criteria make sense:
>
> * The project should be mature.
>
> * The project should somehow relate to ocaml itself or the ocaml community
> in general.
>
> * There should be reasonable consensus that the above two criteria hold.

Maturity of a project is hard to define.

I think it is not a big deal to put there "non-toy" project. E.g. I
will not put here my sekred or dirvish-stats repositories, because I
don't expect anyone in the OCaml community to be interested in it.
However there could be a couple of libraries that will made sense to
be there -- even not mature one.

My criteria would be:
* Project where you expect more than one contributor from the OCaml
community (including original author)
* No strong ownership of the code (i.e. expect that someone wants to
rewrite half of the code)
* OSI license

Although if you start outside of ocaml/ what happens when you'll want
to push your personnal project to ocaml/. How can you say to github:
from now my project is a fork of these other newly created repository
?

But if Anil wants me to remove the library, I am fine.