[ocaml-infra] Redesigning OCaml.org - Using Markdown

Ashish Agarwal agarwal1975 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 19:05:06 BST 2013

> And about the wiki?

One idea we've considered is having an "edit" link on every page, which
would go directly to the github url for the source of that page. Then,
GitHub allows you to edit the file directly in your browser. If you are not
authorized to edit the main repo, GitHub will initiate a fork.

Using GitHub's separate wiki feature is also an option, but I'm not sure it
helps above having markdown in the main repo.

In both cases, the assumption is that converting the current HTML sources
to Markdown will ease contributions. Thus, we need to get through the
conversion, and then we can figure out how to optimize the contributor
experience.