[ocaml-infra] Wireframe demo of OCaml.og

Amir Chaudhry amc79 at cam.ac.uk
Fri Mar 15 01:23:13 GMT 2013

Hi Seb, Thanks for the feedback.

You're right about the width vs height and in these wireframes you're actually seeing the whole page at once.  All displays (apart from phones) should see the full width of the page but may have to scroll to see content further down the page.  People on large monitors may not have to scroll far.  I should point out that I fixed the width of these wireframes at 1024 wide, which is similar to tablet resolutions.  On wider monitors, we'd likely add more whitespace either side so as to avoid stretching the content too far.

There isn't a straightforward way to see how the site would look from a mobile without explicitly wireframing it that way, but we are conscious of it.  Since we're using the bootstrap [1] grid, we do get mobile-friendly views for free, provided we arrange the content well.  As an example, visit the bootstrap site (below) from a desktop and slowly reduce the width of your browser window.  You'll see how the content reflows to fit the window until it eventually becomes a single column (as I see it on my phone).

[1] http://twitter.github.com/bootstrap/

Best wishes,
Amir