[ocaml-infra] Re: repo for opam.ocaml.org

Louis Gesbert louis.gesbert at ocamlpro.com
Wed Nov 20 09:58:58 GMT 2013

> Where is the repo implementing opam.ocaml.org? I understand that opam2web
> is used, but there must be additional scripts and content on top of that
> specifically for opam.ocaml.org.

Right, this is probably a good time to document the layout a little bit.

opam.ocaml.org is hosted on a Debian VM ; Anil, Thomas and I have accounts there, but everything of interest is in an 'opam' account:

 ~opam
 |-- git
 |   |-- opam     (auto-updated, reset, complied and installed every night)
 |   |-- opam2web (auto-updated, reset, complied and installed every night)
 |   `-- scripts  (version-controlled but without a master upstream atm. No auto-update)
 |-- local        (where the above are installed)
 |   |-- bin
 |   `-- share
 |-- var
 |   `-- log      (holds both the apache logs and cron logs)
 |-- www          (currently deployed opam web. Rebuilt every hour)
 |-- www-bak      (previous version)
 `-- www-new      (version currently being built by the scripts, swapped with www once done)

The scripts include a cron wrapper that fills the logs and reports failures by mail to opam-commits@, a script that synchronises sources with git remotes, and a script that synches the opam repo and web. Should I share them on github ? On a private ocaml repo ?

The crontab is as follows:

 # m h  dom mon dow   command
   0 2  *   *   *     /home/opam/local/bin/cron-wrapper.sh update-opam update-from-git.sh opam
   0 3  *   *   *     /home/opam/local/bin/cron-wrapper.sh update-opam2web update-from-git.sh opam2web
  15 *  *   *   *     /home/opam/local/bin/cron-wrapper.sh update-opam-repo update-opam-repo.sh

Cheers,
Louis