[ocaml-infra] Tuareg → OCaml umbrella

Philippe Wang philippe.wang at gmail.com
Sun Jan 5 01:06:06 GMT 2014

OCaml offers multiple choices for doing things, and I hope that won’t change.
Choosing and advertising for a single editor or editor mode doesn’t sound good to me.
Therefore, I believe it wouldn’t harm the OCaml community to have some better place and visibility for Tuareg, which could well cohabit with some concurrent projects under the OCaml umbrella. Also I believe https://github.com/ocaml is (at least now) a lot better place than {http://tuareg.forge.ocamlcore.org + https://forge.ocamlcore.org/projects/tuareg/ which are quite confusing, especially the former which seems even more deprecated than the latter}, especially since a lot of OCaml projects are now under https://github.com/ocaml/.

And since the OCaml distribution is being cleaned-up (isn’t it?), perhaps it’s also time to remove the emacs/*.el files from it, and put them somewhere else (perhaps under https://github.com/ocaml/ as well, I don’t really care).

Yes I’ll be happier if Tuareg moves to https://github.com/ocaml/tuareg/.