[ocaml-infra] ocaml.org update on new OCaml version (was: Adopting a Governance framework for OCaml.org)

Ashish Agarwal agarwal1975 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 15 17:04:34 BST 2015

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 5:18 PM, Gabriel Scherer <gabriel.scherer at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Sorry, I didn't know about http://ocaml.org/releases/ . How is this page
> reached from the homepage?

The existence of this page is indeed not evident. It is linked to from the
Install page, but even there the link is buried within text. I think we can
replace the footer link "Compiler Sources" with "Releases". The Releases
page already links to the compiler source code so this would be more
comprehensive. I'll do this soon.

My understanding of the front page architecture is that the "News" panel is
> actually the RSS feed of the OCaml planet.

Yes.

> That means that the best way to give the release some visibility on the
> webpage at release time would be to publish a blog post in a blog
> aggregated by the planet. I will be happy to use Gagallium for this purpose
> for now.

That would be great. We can also make some news items "sticky", so they
stay at the top. You can see this currently for OCaml 2015 and OCaml Online
Course. Note the icon for them is different.

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 7:42 PM, Ashish Agarwal <agarwal1975 at gmail.com>