[ocaml-infra] Access rights to ocaml.org's github repo

Ashish Agarwal agarwal1975 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 21 14:53:01 GMT 2016

On Thu, Jan 21, 2016 at 8:42 AM, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil at recoil.org> wrote:

> I'd prefer to give both Louis and Fabrice merge access to ocaml.org.

Me too. Only problem is it is unclear Fabrice wants this. I've had some
offline exchanges with him, and he clearly expressed an opposite interest.
Of course that contradicts his other comments, so now I'm confused. I hope
he'll clarify.

On 21 Jan 2016, at 01:59, Louis Gesbert <louis.gesbert at ocamlpro.com> wrote:
>  I believe things would be much easier if each party accepted to trust
the others a little more.

I agree, but the constructive criticism should be directed only at Fabrice.
He is the only one whose comments have been accusatory (with no evidence to
back up those accusations). As you can see above, I'm willing even now to
fully trust him.

I'd also like to clarify my proposal to remove people from the committers.
I don't actually care to do this but don't think all of their names should
be listed on the ocaml.org admin page as official members of the project.
The reason is they don't view themselves that way, so it is misleading.
However, Fabrice insists on burying us in bureaucracy by making the actual
committers be in sync with the posted list. So then I felt we should remove
some people from the committers.