[ocaml-infra] New Git repository in ocaml GitHub org

Daniel Bünzli daniel.buenzli at erratique.ch
Wed Jan 25 14:22:57 GMT 2017

On Wednesday, 25 January 2017 at 14:45, David Allsopp wrote:
> It is desirable to keep the fragment files, but these add considerable
> weight to the main repository (and OCaml sources tarball). I have proposed
> in the solution using a Git submodule to store the archived entries.

Are you sure about this ? It seems to me that git should be able to handle this without too much problem and it should be easy enough not to include them in the release tarball. I personally had a terrible experience with git submodules (though that was a long time ago) and I wouldn't advise anyone to get into this mess.