[opam-devel] conf- libraries and stub cmas: time for ocaml-discover?

Sylvain Le Gall gildor at ocamlcore.org
Mon Aug 26 21:40:37 BST 2013

I was thinking to add build information to the variable you can
substitute in .ab files. These files already allow the embed
$(version) but we can add $(build_information) as well. We just need
to define the right format.

We can also add all this information directly in the META (findlib)
file with a specific key to make it easily accessible through findlib
query API.

Also, on a more general topics, you know that most of these
information are already available in the .cma file ?

$ ocamlobjinfo /usr/lib/ocaml/pcre/pcre.cma
Force custom: no
Extra C object files: -lpcre_stubs -L/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu -lpcre
Extra C options:
Extra dynamically-loaded libraries: dllpcre_stubs.so
Unit name: Pcre
Force link: no