[opam-devel] How to manage a package manager (Was: Re: [opam] Build clarification (#1149))

Richard Mortier mort at cantab.net
Mon Feb 3 19:33:20 GMT 2014

On 3 February 2014 15:43, Anil Madhavapeddy <anil at recoil.org> wrote:
> On 3 Feb 2014, at 12:32, Richard Mortier <mort at cantab.net> wrote:
>
>> apologies if that comes across as a rant -- it's not meant to be! if
>> it would help, i'm happy to add issues to github; i wasn't sure how to
>> carve them up though.
>
> These are all extremely useful comments (and I've hit the rsync bug
> myself on several occasions).  Please do file bug reports for them.

done!

> I've got a helper script to locally clone and pin git remotes for
> exactly the 'offline work' reason, so I could clean that up.  Also,
> we could improve the documentation of how to create a local package
> archive, as I don't see that on the OPAM wiki.

...that sounds useful, particularly if there's an easy one-shot way to
get that package archive up-to-date, and to potentially have multiple
instances of a package archive locally -- so that, eg., i could have a
bunch of the "stable" mirage repos, and a bunch of the "devel" or "rc"
repos or something.

--
Richard Mortier
mort at cantab.net